
I attempted my first race on Sept 1st. Did I mention I am only on an internship for running and I don't quite consider myself a runner just yet, and I am not sure about ever. But since I am running a marathon in one month from today, I better start acting like I am. It took me nearly three hours to finish (finished 2nd to last) the 13.1 mile trek, just me and Phil (who I met at the race) he was 71 and had a stroke 6 months ago, and he ended up finishing before me, I am still laughing about that one. needless to say ,now that I know what NOT to do for the real one, I consider it a learning experience and hope my Dad realizes this sacrifice for him.
2 comments:
I am still laughing about that one too. If you think you finished second to last you can count all of us behind you that have never even tried. Your AWESOME!!!!!! I'm sure the 71 year old would kick my butt. :)
Congrats! you go girl. i miss u tons. sure you go visit kacie and tyler but not come and visit us!!!! jk. your blog is cute.
Post a Comment