Saturday, June 21, 2008

San Antonio in June




Hannah and I are currrently in Texas visiting my Grandpa Utley for his 88th Birthday! We are hanging ut at my Aunt Tami's house in Boerne,TX. Hannah is having so much fun hanging out with my 14 year old cousin Hunter and his friends. She has been riding a golf cart to feed the steer and a little red car just her size everywhere. (hopefully i will post pictures tomorrow of the golf cart and car) Hannah has been running around non stop until she collapses at about midnight.


The first day i got here on Thursday I got to spend some alone time with my Grandpa, I heard him tell a story about Nat King Cole kissing my Grandma like it was no big deal. He also told me he has sung at nearly 2000 funerals starting way back in 1941. For those of you that do not my Grandpa he will just bust out in song if you say something that has to do with a song, it feels like home when I listen to him.





Yesterday (Friday) My dad, My uncle Mike, My Aunt Tami , Uncle Tonywent to lunch and of course Hannah. We ate at a Mexican Resturant and enjoyed just hanging out. Did I mention after riding in my Grandpa's non-air condioned car how good it felt to be in an cooool resturant. It was only 102 Degrees with a million percent humidity (well at least it felt like it).





I have been so excited to spend this time with Hannah, she is growning up more and more each day...it is hard for her to have competion with the boy (Blake) He is getting older and gets to do more things and she does not realize that when he was her age he did not get to do half the stuff she does. Coby and Blake are in Montana on a mini vacation. I can't wait to take my next vacation with Coby in Maui in October (cross my fingers)

7 comments:

korie said...

I got online tonight to see if you were serious and I was so happy to see that you were! Love the update. Your Grandpa looks so cute. I love the stories. I'm so happy to see pictures of you and Hannah Lynn. Her hair looks darling like that. I never noticed but if those front teeth of hers are the permanent ones she sure got lucky with straight and beautiful ones!

Veronica said...

Hey!! We too are enjoying (yeah, right) the humidity right now! We're in Oklahoma for the week visiting Isaac's family! I can NOT deal with this humidity at all and can't wait to get back to our nice dry weather...

Mindie said...

Awww Im sooooooo excited to see a post! You guys look like you are having a great time. Soak it all up and make precious memories! Miss u ~

West's said...

Hey it's Tara from up the street! I love the pictures! You two are so cute! Looks like you're having fun!

Gail said...

Oh My! Hannah looks just like the "girl version" of Coby when he was a little guy! Cute, cute!

Carlye Momma said...

Oh how fun! Happy birthday to you and your cute little grandpa! I'm SO glad you and Hannah got some alone time! She will cherish those memories for the rest of her life!

Aunt Chris said...

Great pictures of your trip. Donnie cane to see what I was doing an he said thats Grampa Utley snd Sam. he said wow thats Tiffany.
Chris