Thursday, October 16, 2008

15 Years Together!

Fifteen years ago today was a Saturday and I saw Coby at a dance and started to chat with him to try to avoid someone else. ( It was no sweat off my back because I always thought he was hot) We were talking for awhile and finally a slow song came on and I think he felt obligated to ask me to dance, so Guns n Roses' "November Rain" was our first dance. And for those of you that don't know it is like a ten minute song, so we had a long time to dance. We left the dance early together and stayed out until almost 5:00am. And the phrase that most people would say at this point is and the rest is history...not necessary always the case. Coby and I love each other more than than I can explain to people outside of us! We know each other, we know our weaknesses and we know our strength. Everyday we are learning more and more about each other, and it is not always roses that is for sure, but we are NOT willing to live without eachother...that is not an option. 15 years together, that is almost half of my life...here is to the rest of it.

8 comments:

korie said...

So so sweet you are. But we all already knew that!

Mindie said...

Love is amazing. Im so glad we all found "our person". Hope you are having fun up north. Miss u tons! xoxoxo

Sheli said...

May you have many many more together. luv u

cmkdca88 said...

You guys are so rad -

Carlye Momma said...

AWWWW...HAPPY NANNIVERSARY YOU TWO!!! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Congratulations...yep 15 years. Crazy how time flies. I miss you, but love reading about your blogs. I am hoping to get one soon.

Jeaniece

Anonymous said...

I can hardly remember when it was 15 years for dad and I but I remember the "not always roses" part. AND that was all because of ME. Dad's basically always been perfect. But it was always worth it. If everything was always easy, how could we ever appreciate what we have? I love that you love each other and you can't live without each other. I also love that you can recall the precious moments of your first meeting. (AND, where was I? That I let you stay out until 5am??) I do deserve the "mom of the year" award for that one. But look what a beautiful thing happened! I love you both ~ mom

Utleys in Michigan said...

Time flies when you are having fun. Life is always there--the how much fun it is is up to us. Happiness is not easy but it is sure worth it. Congratulations on 15 years. I can see now how much I didn't know about your late night adventures. You know I still love you even after all your adventures.